Here's a list of what I put in my kids bags. These are always packed and hanging on a hook in their room. (And trust me, if you ever have a house fire at 2 a.m., it's ideal to have it by their room and ready to grab!) If your children get into things like this, keep them in your room or in an easily accessible place.
- A list of their food allergies and medical history/needs. It's not a bad idea to laminate this to keep dry and legible. There are even sites that offer personalized cards with a picture of your child like this one.
- WATER There are a couple of options for this. They make a "juice box" style of water that is a great option for kids. Whatever container you choose, water is one of the most important items in your pack. An empty water container isn't a bad idea either. You can store the next items in the list inside of it.
- MRE's or power bars that are allergy friendly. These are invaluable to those with allergies for a multitude of reasons. Rotate these every couple of months.
- Gum or hard candy, if your kids can have it, it will keep them busy in an emergency.
- Change of clothes. This should be changed seasonally and just as light as possible (they are going to be carrying their own pack)