- 1/2 lb macaroni (we used the corn macaroni noodles)
- 2 tablespoons butter (you can use GHEE or DF margarine)
- 2 tablespoons flour (I used spelt, but I’m sure you could use any sort of flour or even corn starch)
- 2 cups milk ( I used Almond Milk)
- ground pepper and salt
- 1 cup goat cheese ( make sure to have something that melts nicely!)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Add the macaroni and cook about 8 to 10 minutes, or until just tender, depending on the size of the pasta. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. When the butter is melted and sizzling, stir in the flour to create a paste and cook 1 minute.
- Slowly add the milk, whisking to create a smooth sauce. Let cook about 5 minutes or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. ( I ended up adding more butter at this point, lol!)
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly add the goat cheese, whisking to create a smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir noodles and cheese sauce together and enjoy!
NOTE: Since most allergies vary, I had to alter this recipe according to out needs. The possibilities are endless!
This was surprisingly delicious! I would suggest using a mozzarella and cheddar blend for the goat cheese!