Monday, December 19, 2011

Week Two

Day 8

  • Turkey sausage
  • Roasted broccoli ( beings that hungry boy HATES broccoli, this sworn “win-over-broccoli-haters” recipe from Ina of Barefoot Contessa, should be interesting.)
  • Buckwheat Muffin
  • Almond milk to drink
  • Parmesan cheese

Day 9

  • Coconut milk
  • Corn (Kix)
  • Venison
  • Pecan, date & cranberry sugar plums! (made sugar plumswith honey, pecan, date, and cranberry rolled in powdered sugar..YUM!)
  • Corn noodles with olive oil, salt and pepper

Day 10

  • Pineapple juice
  • Eggs
  • Rice
  • Fish
  • Almond milk

Day 11

  • Beef Smoked sausage
  • Corn Chex (I’m still trying to locate some more grain cereals in our area. I know they are out there, I just have to remember where! lol)
  • Cubed steak
  • Coconut milk

Day 12

  • Pork meatballs
  • Green beans
  • Bacon
  • Almond milk hot chocolate

Day 13

  • Venison backstraps
  • Eggs/bacon (lunch)
  • GF oatmeal (breakfast)
  • Peanutbutter/celery sticks (snack)

Day 14

  • Rice chex
  • Coconut milk
  • Turkey
  • Rice noodles (Mrs. Leeper’s has great gluten free noodles! I have found them at Walmart and some of our local stores.)
  • Rice crackers (snack)

Looking back on this week, I think I’ve gotten more in the swing of the rotation diet. I didn’t have as much trouble coming up with meal ideas, but I am still running into the problem of having corn too often, because I haven’t found/shopped for an alternate replacement.

But, on a good note, we are able to use more rice, because we were able to reintroduce it into our youngests’  diet.

Oh, and the broccoli didn’t go over as well as hoped. I LOVED IT, but hungry boy still would rather get a shot than eat the green stuff.

Wish  me luck with week three! I have to include Christmas festivities in the rotation!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment