Saturday, December 31, 2011

Week Three

Entering into week three, I’m really excited to get to use some new grains. We have a local bulk food store that carries a lot of gluten free grains and almost the entire Bob’s Red Mill grain line. It’s pretty neat. I was able to pick up some Sweet Sorghum Flour, which I haven’t ever baked with before. I’ve heard good reviews for cooking with it, and I think I’ll go back and pick up The coconut flour that I saw. I’ve heard it is HEAVEN :)

Day 15

  • Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal (whole grain brown rice, corn, sweet white sorghum, buckwheat )
  • Roasted Chicken with roasted carrots and onions
  • Pear

Day 16

  • Kix (corn) cereal
  • Cod with olive oil and salt & pepper
  • Strawberries
  • Roasted cauliflower and broccoli with olive oil and parmesan cheese

Day 17

  • Peach juice
  • GF oatmeal
  • Shrimp with rice noodles

Day 18

  • Cinnamon Rice Chex
  • Northern white beans
  • Strawberry Jell-O
  • Celery/peanut butter (snack)

Day 19 (Christmas Eve)

  • Eggs and bacon
  • Ham
  • Bacon wrapped asparagus
  • Peach Jell-O made with peach nectar

Day 20 (Christmas Day – dinner at relatives house) * Because this was a special day, we had a couple of things that I didn’t put on this list, and instead of a normal “breakfast”, we mostly ate  snacks all through until lunch. Mostly fruit, some bacon, and coconut milk/hot chocolate.*

  • Prime Rib (beef)
  • Green beans
  • Raspberry Jell-O
  • Strawberries with marshmallow dip
  • Coconut milk

Day 21

  • Corn Chex
  • Almond milk
  • Roasted Chicken stuffed with onions
  • Corn
  • Pears

This week was definitely a challenge for me. Because we had so many things going on (and weren’t always at home to eat) that sometimes I had to quickly decide what to feed hungry boy from what I had to choose from. And more often than not, it was a repeat of something they had already eaten in the past couple of days. Usually corn.

I have to be honest, I didn’t keep very good track of our meals and I definitely  am late blogging this!

But, I enjoyed the time with the boys and celebrating my favorite time of year :)

Merry Christmas Everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment