Thursday, January 5, 2012

Week 4

Day 22

  • Fired Rice : Brown Rice, eggs, carrots, onion, fried rice wvenisoncelery, venison
  • raspberries
  • Coconut milk
  • Cinnamon Rice Chex

Day 23

  • Mighty Tasty Hot cereal (whole grain brown rice, corn, sweet white sorghum, buckwheat )
  • Peach Nectar (I found this Peach Nectar at our local Wal-Mart and it was GOOD AND inexpensive
  • Corn Pasta with olive oil, salt & pepper
  • Asparagus

Day 24

  • Pork sausage
  • Pineapple Juice
  • Pork chops with bacon grease (Supper healthy, I know. But it really makes the pork taste sooooo much better when you can’t use butter!)
  • Romaine salad with mustard dressing

Day 25~ We were out all day (for all three meals!) so I had to work with what there was to choose from, which resulted in some foods being closer than the normal 3-4 days.

  • Eggs
  • Bacon
  • Beef, crispy corn tacos with lettuce

Day 26

  • Venison Meatloaf
  • Beef breakfast sausage
  • Green beans
  • Almond milk
  • Pears

Day 27

  • Turkey breakfast sausage391853_2763138833215_1100167284_33026863_243078664_n
  • Rice cereal
  • Coconut milk
  • Turkey
  • Broccoli and cauliflower with olive oil, salt & pepper

Day 28

  • GF oatmeal with brown sugar and almond milk
  • Peach nectar
  • Fish with coconut oil, salt and pepper ( I was trying something new, it didn’t go over as well as planned, lol. It helps when you make “coconut crusted fish”…to actually have coconut at the house….opps!)
  • zucchini and yellow squash

I thought that last week was challenging, but this week was REALLY challenging. I was trying to relax as much as possible, and just ended up making more work for myself by not planning well enough. And then I realized what week it was! That infused a whole new life into this diet! the light is starting to shine on the horizon and I must be honest, it feels so good to have some new things in our diet. Eggs and oatmeal have been the most noticed improvements! Not to mention rice into our youngest son’s diet, it really opens up opportunities I never thought possible.

Next week, hungry boy goes back to school and I was happy to find some pre-packaged fruit that didn’t have grape or apple juice (and wasn’t filled with corn syrup!). I don’t usually buy things like that, but I wanted something special for him to take in his lunch. It helps with the frustration of being limited. Also, I picked up some oat flour and hope to make something new with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment